RDH renewal fee $110
ON JULY 15, 2010 THE STATUTES AND REGULATIONS [LAW] GOVERNING THE PRACTICE OF DENTISTRY AND DENTAL HYGIENE IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY CHANGED.
For a complete view of the new statutes and regulations follow the links on the KBD website.
Pertinent RDH law and regulation changes can be found on this website. See: New CE requirements, 2010 RDH law changes, 2010 RDH regulation changes, 2009 RDH law changes.
- CE requirements are slightly different. The RDH still need 30hours, CPR and HIV [every 10 years].
A maximum of 10 hours may be for volunteer dental hygiene services. A minimum of 10 hours must be live interactive presentation format. Please review CE requirements on this website or the KBD’s website.
- RDH license must be posted in a conspicuous place in each place of employment. [a photocopy is permissible if RDH works in more than one practice]
- RDH’s are required to notify the Kentucky Board of Dentistry within 30days of changing name, home or business address. This can be done on the KBD website.
- All RDH registrations [General supervision, Local Anesthesia, Laser Debridement, IV Access Line] require formal initial applications and initial registration fees.
- A separate General Supervision registration is required for each individual dentist a RDH provides the service for [even if the dentists are in the same practice]
For complete information go to the KBD website
-Hygienists page, http://dentistry.ky.gov/hygienist_information/